Preparation Time: 25 mins
Product Used: Gadre Crab Sticks
Recipe Overview: A crab cake is a variety of fishcake, popular over the world. It is composed of crab meat and various other ingredients, such as crushed crackers, mayonnaise, eggs, and seasonings. Crab cakes are served as a starter or side dish.
- 2 packets pound Gadre crab sticks
- 1/3 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil.
- Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Add Mayonaise in the centre while shaping it into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Serve warm with preferred sauce